Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Have You Gone Mental? (85)

The depression has decreased some over the past few days. I have had increased anxiety during this period, but things seem to be evening out for the most part. This depresion was deep and "hostile". I experieinced the darkest thoughts I have for quite a long time.

What did I do? I followed my breath in medidation using a mantra. I solicited support from my support team. I did things I did not want to do. I thought through the emotion for triggers.

My triggers were the death of a friend and the funeral last week. I really liked and admired this person and felt tremendouss loss when he died. Another trigger was an anniversary of the beginning of my deep depression last January. This onslaught was exacerbated by my being riffed at work that happened two months later. I began to feel like a loser at this point and this too, for many months, persisted.

I had overloooked this aniversary concept of my intense depression until my good friend Georga reminded me. What are friends for? To whom can I be a friend to today?

Typos and all ... God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment