Monday, February 7, 2011

Have You Gone Mental? (89)

Had a pretty good weekend. Ups and downs were not so up and down. I think I was more depressed than anxious most of the time. I woke up with quite a bit of anxiety, but it left me for the most part when I got to our little church.

About three hours ago my son Jeffrey,(a "Type 1 diabetic) was sick and his glucose level rose into the 300s. I got him to give himself extra insulin as I was afraid of the development of keytones in his urine. We'll need to test about every 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours.

I had him test his blood about 30 minutes ago and it was still in the three hundreds. The good news is that he only had a "trace" of keytones. I need to test him about 2:30 AM and run another keytone test. I am hoping by then that his glucose level will drop dramatically.

This is the way life is. "Some days are diamonds some days are stone." Most of the day was "diamond". We watched the Superbowl with Erin and her family and the best team won (the pack is back!). As for the "stone" part, I always worry about Jeffrey when his blood level rises over 300. I will help him throughout the early morning hours test his blood glucose and manage his symptoms. I love this kid so much and worry about him and his management of his diabetes. I know I can't control this, but I sure wish I could. Some things are best left in God's hands. I need to keep trying I can leave them there and save a whole bundle of worry. I know managing diabetes isn't in the "let go and let God category," so I'm shooting for "Take hold with God" method. I pray and take action, especially at these times.

Im going to get some sleep. 2:30 comes early.

Typos and all ... God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment