Friday, February 18, 2011

Have You Gone Mental? (94)

Its been a good couple of days. I'm tolerating Janet's trip quite well. We text back and forth morning and evening and is she ever having a good time. I'm so glad. She has done so much for me I am so glad she can have this time to refresh. I'll be happy when she returns Sunday night.

If there has been any negative emotion that has been with me, it is anxiety. It has been mild to moderate. It seems that anxiety comes when my routine is changed in any way. Its not so good to be so married to my routine.

The anxiety responds well to following my breath and relaxing my body. I have really come to appreciate this intervention. It is very helpful. I have also been using the spiritual discipline of contemplation (centering prayer). This is extremely edifying and brings me in closer contact with God.

Well, all is pretty well with me. Erin and her family are here for the weekend and life is good. I am so blessed to have her as a daughter and friend.

Typos and all ... God Bless You!

1 comment: