Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Have You Gone Mental? (92)

Yesterday was my grandson's birthday. It seems like he was just born yesterday but he's walking, talking and singing. Erin and her family are coming back this coming weekend and I am excited to see Cannon and Flannery.

As for me, I have my ups and downs. The difference is that the downs aren't
as low. I would rate my depression at this point as "mild". My anxiety is rated a little above that as "moderate". I am using my bag of tricks and finding peace when the emotions come up for me.

I know this seems sudden. Depression and anxiety kind of have a mind of their own and come and go when they please. That is simmplifiing the problem, but it feels like that. I am feeling better little by little as the weeks go on.

I am using a lot of deep breathing as an intervention as my first "trick" nearly every time. Usually this greatly lessens the effect of the depression or the anxiety. If they persist, I do the next thing that needs to be done whether I feel like it or not. After this, I look to my affirmations and readings from the Scriptures I have recorded by hand on several pages of my journal.

"So far so O.K." as one man said. I am hopeful and optimistic.

Typos and all ... God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment