Thursday, September 9, 2010

Have you gone mental (XI)

Depression fell hard the past couple of days. The dark thoughts, hopelessness, and helplessness. I couldn't shake it. Today, outside of my doses of anxiety, depression was kept to a minimum for the most part.

As I mentioned, I am taking several medications. They are designed to help relieve depression and anxiety, There is a mood stabilizer and a medication designed to add to the effectiveness of my antidepressant.

I take three eye drops each day for my glaucoma, diagnosed about 8 or 9 years ago. I also have diabetes for which I take two oral medications.

Both the glaucoma and diabetes seem to be stabilized or stabilizing. It is the mental health issues with which I struggle and am told I will continue to struggle for some time.

As those of you who have suffered with mental illness know, the biggest stress is comprised by depression and anxiety.

As an aside, I recently needed to stop my intensive Out-patient Program. I am out of money and have no insurance, although I am not ready to stop treatment. I was still benefitting from the program, but that's how things go. I am continuing in my community with a Psychologist and Psychiatric Nurse Practioner, I am getting good care, however, arguably not enough.

I remain hopeful that my condition will improve to the place where I can function better and even, God willing, begin part-time work at some time.

Once again I stand with you who are walking this path as I am, to one degree or another. Stay with it and do not give up. As you know, some days are better than
others.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment