Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Mental Life (7)

As my depression continues to rear its ugly head, so does the list of my affirmations.
A couple of examples;
"The Our Father" (Lord's Prayer)

Abba I belong to you
Jesus I belong to you
Spirit I belong to you

Oh Lord. grant me love to overcome the lack of love I have for myself
Grant me joy to replace depression
Grant me peace to counteract anxiety
Grant me hope to overcome despair

Psalm 23 (The Lord is my shepherd)

and others...

These help sometimes and grant me grace from God.

I'll continue to use them as long as I feel any relief. This has been a dark couple of days but there have been times of light I which I have rejoiced. Its never ALL dark. God is always with me; coming with light and love.

I hope in the power of the lord and the prayers of my support team. Thank you.

God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment